Tonight we will be talking about all the different morphs in the carpet complex.
- The complex is divided into 6 sub species and 2 species.
- Sub-species- Diamond pythons, jungle carpet pythons, coastal carpet pythons, Irian jaya carpet pythons, Inland carpet pythons and Darwin carpet pythons.
- Full species- Southwesterns and bredlis.
Coastal carpet morphs-
- Jag- co-dom with a fatal super form (which is the leucistic). Jags have a reduced pattern and reduces the dark pigment
- Tiger- polygenic trait. Striped carpet.
- Caramel- co-dom with a super form. Reduced black and golden type hue as adults.
- Axanthic- Recessive- no yellow pigment
Jungle carpet morphs-
- Zebra- co-dom with a super form. The zebra has a labyrinth type pattern. The super is a pattern-less yellow carpet.
Irian jaya carpet morphs-
- Granite- recessive and crazy pattern.
- Axanthic- recessive- no yellow pigment.
Darwin carpet morph-
- Striped- recessive- striped pattern along the back.
- Hypo- not 100% on the genetics- lack of black color.
Some combos that have been produced
- Zebra jags (Jungle x coastal)
- Granite jags (ij x coastal)
- Granite zebras (Ij x jungle)
- Caramel zebra (jungle x coastal)
- Albino jag (Darwin x coastal)
- Albino zebra (Jungle x Darwin)
- Caramel granite (coastal x ij)
- Axanthic zebra (coastal x jungle)
- Axanthic zebra jag (coastal x jungle)
- Super caramel jag (coastal)
- Super caramel zebra (coastal x jungle)
- Super caramel super zebra (coastal x jungle)
- Caramel zebra jag (coastal x jungle)
- Super caramel zebra jag (coastal x jungle)
- Sunglow (caramel x albino) (coastal x darwin)
- Ocelot jag (jungle x coastal) we are still unsure 100% on how the genetics work.
Websites to check out for further info: