The Python Post
Keith McPeek is back for another episode of MPR. This is one you won't want to miss. Keith will be talking about how his view of the hobby and how it is changed for him through his years of keeping and breeding reptiles. Keith is one of the most impressive people that I have come across in the reptile hobby. He always has a well thought out approach to how he keeps and breeds his animals. He is one of the guys that really trys to figure out how the car engine runs as opposed to just looking at the paint job.
In episode #215 we are joined by Steve Katz from SBK Reptiles.
- The higher tier breeders weren't always the higher tier breeders. They had to put the work in to get to that level.
- If you had a choice between buying from a known breeder or a new guy that you never heard of, where would you buy your animals from?
- Do something different then what everyone else is doing. Stand out! Don't buy all your snakes from one breeder or you will be just copying the breeding's that they are doing and how do you think you'll be able to compete with the guy that started or refined a project, There are so many directions that you can take your pairings in.
- Do what you like and not what the current trend is. Be a trend setter not a trend follower because by the time your pair is ready to breed the trend maybe different.
- they make incredible snakes.
- Two, because they did what they wanted to do and didn't follow trends or worry what someone else was doing.
Its that time of year a again, Carpet fest time. and for the 4th annual carpet fest we have decided to raise t shirt funds and auction funds to help out USARK
Hello MPR fans!
In case you missed the latest episode of Morelia Python Radio, we discussed ways to promote your reptile business. Here are some links for some further reading on the topic.
This Saturday, 07/26 the west coast is going to try to out do the east coast at the 2nd annual North west carpet fest. If your in the area this is your chance to hang out some of the coolest carpet breeders in the US.